The pharmaceutical companies of India and China have been experiencing such very fast expansion in the past few years that they are widely recognized as two of the world’s most active and promising markets of Pharmaceutical API and Intermediate manufacturing and sourcing options. subsequently, they have attracted many drug companies around the world. The strengths and weaknesses of each country and their advantages and disadvantages to certain sourcing/outsourcing projects have become the key make a distinction.
- This year CPhI China represents a great opportunity to do business for Indian Pharma companies also. This platform offers Indian companies a invaluable opportunity to become an industry expert and also to learn from their Chinese counterparts. The exhibition includes on-site conferences, seminars, forums, discovery and innovation tours, summits and showcases to look for and networking and creating new global customers for Indian Pharma companies and also a new sourcing opportunities to learn the strengths and positivity of the Chinese Pharma API sourcing and manufacturing companies.
- “CPhI China is the most comprehensive pure pharma focused event for domestic and international pharmaceutical companies in Asia. (Taken from CPhI website)
“Over 35,000 pharma professionals from more than 120 countries around the world gather for a host of events that cover all aspects of the pharmaceutical supply chain. CPhI China gives you with the opportunities to meet, network, do business, share ideas and shape the future of the Indian pharmaceutical industry”.
Lesson to be learned from China counterparts of Pharma Industry:
- China has a better general industrial infrastructure than India because the Chinese government has put enormous efforts and investments in this during the past two decades. The logistic service in China also is better developed and less expensive than in India. These advantages have made China attractive to foreign companies looking for a country where doing business is relatively easy. Thus a framework of the Industrial structure need to be improved by Indian Government.
- China has a better education system in biology, molecular biology, and other life science–related fields, resulting in, generally speaking, a better biotech industry in China than in India. However, India has paid attention to promoting its pharmaceutical industry a lot earlier than China but need more emphasis on the same to get qualified professionals for industry.
- The current labour and raw material costs in the Indian pharmaceutical industry are generally about 25% to 30% higher than in China. Indian to pharma companies should pay attention towards long-term, large-scale manufacturing projects to source bulk materials or outsource.
- India’s current strengths include its stronger capability in process development, drug formulation, dosage form manufacturing, and marketing in well regulated markets. India should strengthens for its better industrial support system, large-scale manufacturing capabilities of raw materials, and relatively low labour and material costs.
- At present, the Indian companies are the better choice for formulation development, manufacturing, and marketing of dosage form drugs. and India should concentrate more on contract manufacturing (and sourcing) of advanced pharma intermediates and APIs..
Thus it is to conclude that in my opinion Indian Manufacturing and sourcing companies of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates should participate in CPhI China in June 2017 for getting more opportunities and learning experiences from Chinese counter parts.
Digital Marketing by http://getdigitalpartner.com/